Ponder this: Would you hire a photographer to do your catering or expect your venue manager to also be your DJ? Odds are the answer to both questions is a resounding “NO”.
So, if logic and common sense prevail, only a qualified and seasoned Wedding Officiant should be entrusted with the daunting and intimate process of crafting and performing your unique and personal ceremony.
Just as the other pros on your wedding team take great pride in their training/education, experience, talents, creativity and ability to provide you with exactly what you want in a professional manner, so too does a Wedding Officiant, such as myself. In my case, this is my calling, my passion AND my profession. This is not a something I do “on the side”. Nor is it offered “as a convenience” or “add-on” for couples for whom I am providing another service. When you choose me to celebrate your vows, you have my complete and total attention and commitment to that job only.
So, as you do your research and planning, please consider what Ceremonies by Kat, in particular, will provide (just to name a few):
- Intimate knowledge of wedding structure, rituals and traditions; wealth of established resources; library of samples, readings, quotes and ceremony templates
- Working relationship with local planners, photographers, catering managers, etc.
- Familiarity with venues and properties
- High comfort level with public speaking, “working the crowd” and putting nervous couples at ease
- Established business practices including adverting platforms with reviews and endorsements, contracts, formal communication standards and bookkeeping methods
- A formal and highly personalized process for gathering information regarding the couple and your needs, the basic elements and requirements of your ceremony.
- Sense of humor
- If you still decide to ask a friend, please consider contacting me for a consultation to help put the spin on the ceremony and the polish on your friend.